Re: [World] Window Cleaner Saved in Michigan

From addressis@removed
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:43:56 -0400

Hey Mark,

So he was chair jumping. My goodness, his lanyard connection must have been
quite a few feet down. It probably slipped a bit too since it sounds like it
was close to a fall factor 1.5, and perhaps that is why he was 10 to 15 feet
down. Scary stuff. I wonder what kind of fall arrest device he was using. Do
you happen to know?

Regarding edge managment and rope orderliness, I know what you mean. The
etrier (webbing ladder) really does work well though.

My issues are mostly about establishing certain rules (that by nature negate
any bad habits if there are), having and using the right and most versatile
equipment, and knowing how to use that equipment in all its ways, which
includes self and partner rescue because a person should be able to perform
most rescues with his regular usage set-up if he has selected the right tools
for regular work in the first place.

Lastly, I would be delighted to come up and offer methods and suggestions for
your companies consideration. Depending on how many people you wanted to be
involved, you might consider going in on it with another company which will
cut costs for you both. When you're ready, contact me and I can inform you of
the details and then go from there.

Respectfully,
Adam Noble
Roept