Re: [World] MIRROR CLEANING ADVICE NEEDED

From addressis@removed
Date Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:59:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/2003 5:58:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, geofahr@copper.net writes:

Be careful on the ammonia.  Can remove or darken silver backing of mirror.  Just use normal solution with no ammonia.
George C. Fahrlender

George,

Back in the disco days I cleaned mirrors daily using ammonia and water. Never any damage and I did the job and the mirrors daily for almost 5 years. I used ammonia for over 20 years, some of the warnings you hear about ammonia are referring to you using it straight. Diluted it works just fine with  little drawbacks except it's very tough on the skin. I stopped using it for that reason, but still carry in in the truck for heavy smokers.

Michael Terrio
Mystic Window Cleaning
Boston Metro

'We give our customers a brighter outlook"

More Messages: