Re: [World] Safety-Training Program: Electric wires

From "S. Daigle" <addressis@removed>
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 07:26:24 -1000
User-Agent Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022

Gordon

You make a very good point.  Electricity is not an exact science.  It is a
living breathing force that can behave irrationally so always take
precautions even on the driest of days.

Aloha
Scott Daigle
HEOSH (High Elevation Operations for Safety & Health)

on 8/1/2003 5:33 AM, Gords Window Cleaning at gordswin@telusplanet.net
wrote:

> We had an aluminum ext ladder set up on the side of a building. We left for
> a break. It was aprox 4' from a high voltage box on the ground. We heard a
> zap, came back to the ladder and Electricity had arced to the ladder. There
> was a small area on the ladder that had a burn on it. The reason I bring
> this up is because we were unaware that "Caution High voltage" really means
> stay away. Electricity does arc. Electricity can jump, It arcs here in
> Alberta and it arcs in California, humidity or not. Beware and follow the
> rules.
> Gordon Perrott
> Gords Window Cleaning
> Edmonton Alberta Canada
> gordswin@telusplanet.net

Window Cleaning Network and WCmail sponsored by:

American Window Cleaner Magazine
"The Voice of the Professional Window Cleaner"
www.AWCmag.com

More Messages: