Re: [pressure] Powerwashing Decks

From "K&L" <k&addressis@removed>
Date Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:06:52 -0700

I've never calculated a per sq. ft price or any formula. I just look at the deck. They vary too much here in surface types; how dirty they are; and access. You have to possess some knowledge in time needed for these various issues and then multiply by your expected hourly rate etc.

Kevin Troughton
K & L Windows
Vancouver, Canada

----- Original Message -----
Sent: August 05, 2003 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [pressure] Powerwashing Decks

Bill,

I charge by the square foot of the deck floor surface and include the railing. I am in the range of $1.50+ per square foot. I charge more for second story deck work and for any obstructions (bushes and whatever else) that would slow me down. I prefer Sherwin-Williams products and I apply them by hand.
The customer is the one who determines if the deck is to be cleaned or cleaned and sealed. If I clean it only, I am in the $0.80 per square foot range.

Hope this helps.

        Paul R. Valenta
Absolute Window Cleaning Inc.
            Atlanta, GA