RE: [World] The truth about electricity

From "Gary Mauer" <addressis@removed>
Date Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:44:48 -0500

Just so you know - I'm done after this message.

I've already backed off to where I'm not as concerned about working distance
from the 120
0r 240 volts you encounter in single family homes.
But condominiums are residential, and route work often involves multi-tenant
buildings.
That means more power than you would encounter in a single family home.
Sometimes the power lines running down the street are very close to a house.
There's a
lot of power in those lines. Thousands of volts.

No, an arc won't jump out and get you just because you happen to be there.
I've already
retreated to where I'm talking about arcing after someone has made contact
somehow. .Yes
you need to be "more" concerned about making contact than about causing an
arc.

That doesn't mean arcing doesn't kill or injure people.

I've been doing some browsing. If you want to see some warnings about how
arcing can cause
burns or knock you around even if you're not part of the arc itself, check
out this
electrician's link.........
http://ecmweb.com/ar/electric_working_hot_avoid/index.htm

Like I said, I've entered the power company's phone number into my cell
phone, so I can
call them if I have a question.

And that's all I've got to say, even if I think of something else - and even
if anyone
wants to disagree.

Gary Mauer
Window Cleaning Network
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA
www.window-cleaning.net

Window Cleaning Network and WCmail sponsored by:

American Window Cleaner Magazine
"The Voice of the Professional Window Cleaner"
www.AWCmag.com

More Messages: