[World] cleaning methods for cut-ups

>>Back<<

Date Thu, 1 May 2008 12:12:25 -0600
Dkim-signature v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=gSLVq0QSylUwap7cItf60Ge/Bec3GpuWgC4U/VRcYMs=; b=IegwjoB5G7yagGceB5BNMb1JZ+WXaHqJ8V/nq+hyQnj2cENHdYWrJLuvyLmPtR5e0XjPz2wQE2BCwF80kDR0nkbVHL2VftAbjy5INz9wKftD6AaY3Lo/t9S4zKyNuGqXuyxNoqpAnvCSKQYKW61S3IWftKmB2YY2WqH0MuOhQbI=

Hello group-
I'd like to hear the methods you use for cleaning cut-ups. First, I'll share mine.

1) Apply soapwater solution using a 5 inch strip washer.
2) Using a huck towel, dry both the edge the squeegee will start from, and the top edge.
3) Using a huck towel, dry the squeegee blade.
4) Squeegee accross from left to right, or right to left, angling the squeegee so that the the runoff water runs off the "bottom" edge of the squeegee.
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until pane is dry.
6) Detail edges with huck towel.

I believe this is a pretty standard method. However, I've seen some of you mention using DI water, and still others mention using "foam". I'm curious how DI water and/or foam changes the procedure. Do these or other methods shorten the production time vs. my method?
I do have a WFP, and I do use it on exterior cut-ups. However, I just put in a bid on a bank today that has a ton of interior cut-ups, and I'm seeking to cut production time if possible.

--
John Kieser
Metropolis Window Cleaning