RE: [World] Chevy 2500 van setup

>>Back<<

Date Sun, 4 May 2008 09:45:14 -0700

I have an express van that I have set up for water fed poles (WPF’s) & ladder racks. I did set up PVC on the ceiling of the van for all of my poles (I have 3 WFP’s). I secured the PVC to the ceiling using some type of bendable metal, then screwed it to the  cross members on the top of the inside of the van. That has worked very well so far. I also installed a jet rack system. It currently needs to be reinforced (it is not staying screwed into the ceiling on one of the cross members that I have it screwed into). Other than that, I like the Jet Rack system. It is nice to have my 8’ ladder out of the way. For the outside roof of the van I have a ladder system that allows the ladder to be secured on the top of the van, and also swing down to the side of the van by the pull of a lever for easy mounting and dismounting of the ladders (I would highly suggest this for your extension ladders).

I also had the inside cargo area of the van completely covered (including the roof) with the spray in liner (the kind for the back of pick-up trucks). I had to do this because moisture kept on collecting on the walls and ceiling and starting to rust out the inside of the van.

In addition to the ladder racks & PVC pipe, I also mounted an 8’ long 2x4 on the side wall of the van (I mounted that to the vertical beams in the van). This 2x4 gives me something to screw into so I can hang hoses on it or whatever I need to.

I do not have any shelving in the back of the van. I do have 2 heavy duty plastic storage bins (one has all of my huck towels & micro’s, the other has all of my chemicals for window cleaning & pressure washing). I actually now have one additional storage bin for my drop cloths.

Good luck setting up your express van.

Corey Goforth

A Better View Window Cleaning

714-890-3885

www.4abetterview.com

From: addressis@removed [mailto:addressis@removed On Behalf Of Ed's E-Mail
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 5:51 AM
To: Window Cleaning Network
Subject: [World] Chevy 2500 van setup

I just purchased a Chevy 2500 express van. I am in the process of setting it up for my needs. Any and all suggestions of what you have experienced setting up your truck is appreciated. I will install my WFP setup inside, no tank.

I would like input of how others store the water fed poles, I think I like the idea of PVC pipe on ceiling of van and slide the collapsed pole inside.

Does anyone use the Jet Rack stepladder storage system? It keeps your stepladder mounted inside the van and on the ceiling. Looks like a great way to keep the larger ladders out of the way until it is needed. Is there something better?

Any other suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

The van came with three large bin storage shelves systems, the cab separation partition, file /clipboard between the seats organizer, Heavy-duty padded floor mat, class three hitch.

Edward B. Kuvlesky <><

Best Choice Window Cleaning

"A Spotless Reputation"

Vero Beach, Florida