[World] Hard to reach windows

>>Back<<

Date Tue, 06 May 2008 07:42:15 +1000

Hello all,

I am still fairly new to Window Cleaning, hence I am still building up my equipment (have been learning heaps from everyone).

I just did a house on Friday and there was one very difficult window to reach. The window was on the second story, above the garage so impossible to reach just by ladder. In my inexperience I was too scared to climb on top of the garage as the support beams did not look all that strong. Instead I placed the ladder onto the garage and from the ladder used the extension pole. Because of the angle the pole (extended to about 12 - 13 feet, close to horizontal) was extremely heavy and difficult to handle, hence the result was not a high quality clean.

Am I just been ridiculous by not getting on top of the garage, or is there a better solution?

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan Garrett
Diamond Window Cleaning
Brisbane, Australia.

Geoff Shaule wrote:

Sarcasm aside Jeff, you may have never tried paying a commission instead of hourly, but if done correctly it can work to the benefit of both the Employer and Employee, many in this group and yours ( AUWC ) have done it with great success!

Quality and Safety are the two biggest challenges one will face.

The rate needs to be calculated carefully, and all of the things you mentioned need to be *_accurately_* measured.

Thanks

Geoffrey D. Shaule

President

G&S Window Washing, Inc.

Direct Dial 248.593.8277

Fax 248.435.9405

addressis@removed <mailto:addressis@removed>

"The bitter taste of poor quality and service remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded away"