Re: [World] Hard to reach windows

>>Back<<

Date Wed, 7 May 2008 05:47:33 -0600
Dkim-signature v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=MsqgEY2dm0jX9Ad+FmHmIlAhhNhlJX+rntUmQdOae9g=; b=dga05OvKGf8Sf8jvuUFjybSEdQLPEO0hsgRingSe7bByjnxwsrtCmL/ixDSXxivLkgZn7uZ2VhB0vK86svl+3I+CNA3iUMbJFhA1tgbx5C3yMstK616Mt4pj+aXJs9kd4N08GWvY+RBHTMOwgN0donxwcJuZ3DsmRvCUnOFri/w=

Jonathan,
Don't feel bad about being cautious. In time you will learn what is safe, and you will get more nerve. I hate ladders and roof walking to this day, and I've been at it now for ten years. I may or may not have been too cautious a few times, but I'm still here and have no broken bones, so I must be doing something right. I have only had one fall, and that was a time when I didn't feel right about what I was doing. Thankfully, the fall was from my 5 foot step ladder, and the only thing broken was a garden lattice.
As for hard to reach windows, I'd recommend getting a Wagtail squeegee. I bought one about 2 months ago, and my only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner. I love anything that gets me off of ladders and roofs, and the Wagtail does just that. It is also great for hard to get to windows in offices and storefronts. One storefront I have has heavy metal frame shelving, with plywood shelves. I used to have to move a bunch of merchandise and 2 shelves just to do 2 windows. It took me about 15 minutes start to finish. It now takes me about 2 minutes with my Wagtail. There is access room from the side of the shelves, but doing a proper job with a standard squeegee was impossible. Now I can do the job from the side without removing any shelves, saving me time and increasing my profit.
The Wagtail makes me more money, and makes me a better window cleaner.